Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School, our weekend and more....

School started last week. The hustle and bustle with Dylan to do homework is back in swing. AND we get to add Gavin to the mix. Gavin started Kindergarten! He seems to like it, I guess. I say I guess, because it is like pulling teeth to get him to tell me about his day. Dylan is the same way. This is a typical conversation:
Me - "How was your day?"
Dylan or Gavin - "Fine"
Me - "So, what did you do today at school?"
Dylan or Gavin - "Nothing"
Me - "Really, so why do I even send you to school?"
Dylan - "Because it's the law."
I do know that Gavin's best buddy Benjamin is in his class and sits at his table. I know Gavin is very happy about that! I'm interested to see how this week goes. Maybe I will be able to get more out of them or at least one of them, as time goes on. I also know that Dylan has reservations about his teacher. When asked if he likes his teacher, he said to me, "She's okay, but she has issues." After prying and pleading to understand what he means when he says "issues" he tells me that she is not very patient with a kid (Dylan's friend) in his class because he talks a lot. I'm okay with that, if that is what he means by issues.

Soccer has also started back up. Chris and I are super busy, that's all I have to say. I'm not sure what we will do when Grace gets older and is ready to start participating in activities. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Our weekend.....
Saturday Chris went to Trent and Ragan's for the fantasy football draft that he plays in every year. After the draft was over I took the kids there. We had a great time hanging out with everyone. They filled up the baby pool with water and the kids played around in that for the longest time. Grace enjoyed swinging in Tatum's swing.

Sunday we had Tony, Amanda, and Abbygale over for dinner. We had lots of fun with them and I think she took a few pictures so maybe she will send those to me shortly.

Monday Chris stayed at home with Grace while they boys went off with their friend Andrew and I took advantage of shopping alone at the new Marshall's. They have a lot of nice shoes! Then I came home and cleaned! I know this made Chris very happy. I even mopped, which I am embarrassed to say it has not been done for a couple of months. I seriously HATE mopping. I think it is the worst chore and I would rather clean 50 bathrooms than mop my entire house.

1 comment:

Amanda King said...

Come mop my house since you did yours now! I hate mopping too! (I'm embarrassed to also tell you it's been about 2 months since mine's been done!) And I will send pics soon! I promise! :)