Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Gavin and his.....I don't know what to call it

Gavin makes me wonder sometimes. This child truly knows how to test you and I don't always know how to handle him. One day he is so sweet and wonderful to everyone, including Grace. The next day he is as mean as a snake and only wants to hurt or aggravate you, especially Grace. I think, well actually, I know at times he gets jealous of Dylan and Grace. Grace, because she's the baby and she needs "special" attention. This has been going on since she was born. Dylan, because he is older and gets to do the cool stuff, like go to Carowinds with his friend Braxton. Evidence of that jealousy was just found this weekend when Gavin decided to take a permanent magic marker and mark out the picture on a keychain of Dylan and Braxton when they were on the rollercoaster at Carowinds. This picture was one you buy from Carowinds and was a big deal to us and Dylan because it was his very first rollercoaster ride. Now it is ruined. When we talked to him about it he was truly sad and embarrassed and understood what he did was wrong. He really felt bad. I think I need to do some research on "the middle child syndrome" or whatever it's called. Maybe I can get some insight on what to do differently or maybe I should just pray a little harder! :)

Speaking of God......this Sunday after church Gavin just melted my heart. Every Sunday Chris and I ask both Dylan and Gavin how Sunday school was and what did they talk about. Neither of them really like to talk about it and just give me the typical 'it was fun and we learned about God'. It's very frustrating at times. They do the same thing with school also. Anyway, so after Sunday school Gavin says to me "God is with you, even when you are by yourself." I was completely caught off guard because I hadn't even asked him about Sunday school, but I'm elated that he even brought it up and tell him that is true and I'm so proud of him for listening in class. He then says "So, can I go somewhere by myself now, because I won't be by myself, He will be with me!" Hahaha....now that made us laugh. We told him he still had to be with an adult until he was older.
I hope to have pictures soon of the boys and their swim lessons. That has also been quite an adventure for Gavin!

No comments: