Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Weekend of Camping

We went camping this past weekend with our friends, The King's. We had a blast! I'm generally not into the camping thing, but the boys really wanted to go so I toughed it out and went. The whole trip was very enjoyable minus the sleeping on the hard ground in our tent. I have requested that we purchase a blow-up mattress for the next time we go. Momma won't go again without one and that's a promise! We (or maybe I should say, I) learned a lot from our camper-savy friends, Tony and Amanda. They were so prepared and had everything! I just assumed that since Chris grew up camping every summer with his dad and brother that he would know what to pack and how much to pack. Well, I wasn't thinking about the fact that he has never camped with two kids. We will be much better prepared next time.
Friday when we arrived Chris and Dylan put up the tent. Then we cooked our hotdogs over the fire and hung out the rest of the evening.
On Saturday we went to Chimney Rock State Park and took pictures at 2,280 feet elevation. It was beautiful. We also walked about a mile to see the bottom of the waterfall. It wasn't much to see due to the drought they are in. That afternoon we went back to the campsite and played in the creek the rest of the day. Then on Sunday it was more playing in the creek and packing up our stuff to head home.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

How fun!

Amanda King said...

We had a blast with you guys too! If Chris doesn't buy you an air mattress I know what we can get you for Christmas! :) I promise I will send pics to you soon!